Derbyshire Lane Fish Bar, Sheffield, South Yorkshire


To find the best fish and chips, you usually can’t go wrong in Sheffield. This is why we keep coming back. It’s very rare you find bad fish and chips here. It’s amazing how many chip shops in other parts of the country get it wrong. 

After a short bus trip and an almost exhausting climb to the semi mountainous region of Norton Lees, I wandered into this small chippy. The food in the hot box looked amazing, in particular the humongous Yorkshire Fishcakes. The £7.00 price for a mini special seemed expensive for Sheffield but I had spotted an expensive sports car parked nearby, so I assume folk in this area can afford it. 


Patrick Dickinson of YouTube fame came here a few years ago and ate his supper in the graveyard. I decided to do the same, as there seemed to be nowhere else nearby to sit down. 

That walk from the shop to sit down seemed to be one of the longest walks of my life. I was drooling all the way. 




Everything tasted so clean and fresh. The batter was that crisp “brandy snap” type in colour and texture and was absolutely delicious. The cod inside had firm flakes. I had peas here because I knew they would be the real deal here. I can confirm they were. The chips were medium thick and fluffy inside. 



I was left wishing I’d ordered a bigger portion.

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 5
Chips: 5
Mushy Peas: 5
Shop and Service: 5

Over all: 5




Fish and Chip Diaries on YouTube


Comments

  1. My local chippy! Brilliant. They are great and very friendly folks too. I also recommend Woodseats Fisheries down the hill, on Woodseats High Street, opposite Asda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! We were very impressed as you can see :)
      I thought we had been to Woodseats but I've checked our previous Sheffield blogs and turns out we haven't been. So we will definitely rectify the omission and visit this year!

      Delete
  2. I think you went to Poseidon a short walk along the road from Woodseats Fisheries. I agreed with your review at the time. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment