Jim’s Fish and Chips, Attleborough, Warwickshire



I’d passed this chippy before on a bus one Saturday evening and it was very busy. One to check out, I thought to myself. 

A few weeks later I returned. This time on a Saturday lunchtime. I walked in and was greeted with a cheery welcome a fairly full hotbox and no queues. Who was all this food for? I did wonder how long it would sit there. If it wasn’t purchased at lunchtime would it be sold to the evening customers?


I ordered a mini special for £6.50. I was offered my curry in a pot but I declined and had it dolloped in the corner of the tray. There was an abundance of the stuff, which was a bonus as it was very nice curry sauce indeed. 



The chips were nice. Cut thick, slightly soft and soggy and piping hot. They were delicious. 



You know what I’m going to say about the fish. Yes, the batter was like an old sock. A real shame because the cod inside was a decent thick portion, something that is rare these days. 

Ratings out of 5:

Fish: 2
Chips: 4
Curry: 4
Shop and service: 5

Over all: 3


Comments