Dave's Fish Bar, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire




Dave's Fish Bar is near The Wammy. A green open space not far from the centre of Newcastle-Under-Lyme. There’s an extensive menu and the food is reasonably priced.


I bought small fish, chips and curry for £5. Service was cheery. When I asked for a fork I was told there is usually a charge for these but I was given mine for nothing. I walked to the Wammy to find somewhere to sit.


The chips and the curry were sensational. Thick cut chips, fluffy as clouds inside and completely smothered in a sweet, taste-bud tingling curry sauce.



It was a pity the fish wasn’t so memorable. In fact it was quite forgettable. I had rescued it from quite a number of fish that were drying up in the hot box.




There wasn’t much flesh inside the batter. The thin part of the fillet had started to crumb. The fatter part looked appetising but had dehydrated.As the shop wasn’t busy I did wonder what would become of the hot box contents. Would they still be there at tea time?Ratings out of 5:Small fish (cod): 2Chips: 5Curry sauce: 5Shop / service: 3Over all: 3










Comments